- Can 3 people stay in the double rooms or twin rooms? Can 4 people stay in the triple rooms?
- A: It is prohibited for the total number of guests to exceed the maximum capacity as per stated by Japan's Hotel Management Law. The maximum capacity for our double room and twin room is restricted to 2 people including children. The maximum capacity for our triple room is restricted to 3 people including children. Please keep in mind when making reservations.
- Are there age restrictions?
- A: We have an age restriction for children under the age of 9 in the dormitories. We accept infants and children (age 0-9) in the private rooms (double, twin, and triple rooms). Please keep in mind of each room’s maximum capacity when making reservations.
- Do the bedrooms have bathrooms?
- A: All private rooms (double rooms, twin rooms, triple rooms) have their own showers and toilets.
We also have a total of 4 shower rooms on the B1 floor). We also have a bathroom equipped with a bathtub. All shower rooms have a changing room. They are available 24 hours. Hair dryers are available in all private rooms, and in sinks on the B1 floor.
Shared toilets are located on every floor.
- What items are provided in the rooms?
- A: Free linens (bed sheets, pillow covers, and towels) will already be provided in all rooms and dormitories when you check-in.
We also have free shampoo, conditioner, body soap, and hair dryers in the shower rooms.
There are security lockers (43x29x19 (cm)) in the dormitories. They are number-combination lockers, so you do not need to bring any padlocks.
We have a selection of pillows and slippers next to the elevators on each floor.
All private rooms have small refrigerators.
We do not have pajamas and toothbrushes, so please bring your own.
- Are the rooms wheelchair accessible?
- A: There is one wheelchair-friendly double room. There is a wheelchair-accessible bathroom on B1 floor.
- Do you have internet access?
- A: We have free Wi-Fi access throughout the hostel.
- Do you provide a smoking-free environment?
- A: We have a non-smoking policy indoors. A 30,000yen fine will be charged to any guest who smokes indoors.
If you would like to smoke, please use the outdoor terrace on B1 floor (24 hours) or on the rooftop (8:00-22:00).
- Do you have a curfew?
- A: We do not have a curfew, but the automatic door at the entrance will close at midnight for security purposes. Please scan your room keycard at the black scanner installed on the left side of the wall to open the automatic door. Please be considerate of other guests as well as our neighbors when coming back late at night.
- Do you have a washing machine?
- A: We have 3 washing machines and dryers on B1 floor. The washer is 200 yen (washing powder included), dryer 100 yen/00 minutes. They are open for use 24 hours.
- Where can I park my car?
- A: Unfortunately, we do not have a parking area. Please park in one or the metered parking areas nearby.
We do not provide any discounts for car parking.
- Is there a waiting list?
- A: Unfortunately, we do not have any waiting lists.
All of our rooms are managed online, so if any cancellation arises, rooms will automatically be relocated to our online reservation system.
We recommend you to check our website regularly to see if there are any vacancies.
- What time is your check-in / check-out?
- A: You may check-in anytime between 4:00 pm and 0:00 am. Please inform us your flight number in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be arriving later than 0:00 am.
You may check-out any time until 11:00 am. Please return your room card key in the "keydrop box" located at the front desk upon check out.
- Can I leave my luggage before I check-in / after I check-out?
- A: You can leave your luggage with us while the front desk is open (8:00am to 0:00am), free of charge on the day of your check-in and check-out. Please check them in at the front desk, and we will temporarily store them for you.
- Do you provide foods/drinks?
- A: We provide free coffee and tea in the B1 common area.
There will be a café/bar open from March 2019 in the B1 floor and rooftop, so please enjoy our coffee, snacks, and alcohol beverages.
We also serve breakfast as a free service to all guests every day from 7:30 am to 10:00 am.
You are also welcome to bring your own food and drinks in the common area.
- Can I rent bicycles at your hostel?
- A: We have bicycle rentals for 500yen/day from 7:30 am to 11:00 pm. They are served in a first-come, first-served basis.
- Can you print out something for me?
- We can print out documents for you at 10yen/page (black & white, A4 size). Please ask our staff for details.
- Can I mail any packages to the hostel for me to pick up during my stay?
- A: We would be more than pleased to receive your package for you.
Please keep in mind that we have the following restrictions:
- Please let us know the package arrival date and your check-in date beforehand, so that we can be aware that a package is arriving. You can let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
- We start accepting package 2 days prior to your check-in date.
- If the package is shipped Cash-On -Delivery, we cannot accept the package.
- If the size of the package is beyond the ordinary (e.g. larger than suitcases), we cannot accept the package since we have no place to store it.
- We do not deliver the package directly to your rooms, so we ask for guests to come to the front desk to pick up their package.
The shipping address is:
(Guest Name) / (Check-in Date)
PIECE HOSTEL SANJO
530, Asakura-cho, Nakagyo-ku
Kyoto City, Kyoto, Japan
Postal code 604-8074
Here it is in Japanese:
（Guest Name / Check-in Date）